Like many of our customers, we run on agile development. We’re focused on providing regular updates, improvements, and releases. See what’s new in ProductPlan and as always, we welcome your feedback.
New Feature: Connections
- Adding dependencies between Bars and Containers is now possible in ProductPlan. Use Connections to create a link between Bars or Containers on the same roadmap, or across multiple roadmaps. See which items are connected and easily click between them. Read more.
- Improvements to Search functionality:
- Parked Bars now appear in Search.
- See more functionality when more than 3 Search results are returned.
- Scroll directly to search results if they are on the current roadmap.
New Feature: Search
- You can now more easily find what you’re looking for in ProductPlan. Search for Bars, Containers, and Roadmaps. You can search by description and notes as well. The search bar located at the top of the screen allows you to quickly find and jump to items across your roadmaps. Read more.
- You can now filter by Tags in the Planning Board. Just type in a custom Tag in the Planning Board filter to adjust your view.
New Feature: Stacked Milestones
- You can now stack overlapping milestones. When adding an overlapping milestone to the Timeline or to a Lane, drag it above or below the existing milestone to create a sub-lane. You can create up to five sub-lanes for stacking milestones. Read more.
- UI updates, including a new header, footer, and login screen. Font updates including size, weight, and style. All form inputs and navigation bar color updated.
New Integration: Visual Studio Team Services
- Integrate your roadmap with Visual Studio Team Services. Import work items from Team Services directly to your Parking Lot. Link work items to Bars or Containers on your roadmap. Synchronize percent complete in ProductPlan with the completion status in Team Services. Read more.
New Integration: Slack
- You can now link your roadmap to a Slack channel to keep your team up to date on changes and comments. Notifications will be sent when comments are made on the roadmap, and when new Bars are added, moved, resized, or deleted. Read more.
New Feature: Duplicate Containers
- You can now create duplicates of a Container. Right click on a Container to duplicate it and all of its contents.
New Feature: Custom Views
- On a Master Plan, apply a filter that can be shared with viewers. Add one or more roadmaps to a Master Plan and create custom views to share with different audiences. Read more.
New Integration: Pivotal Tracker
- Integrate your roadmap with Pivotal Tracker. Import epics and stories from Pivotal Tracker directly to your Parking Lot. Link epics and stories to Bars or Containers on your roadmap. Synchronize percent complete in ProductPlan with the completion status in Pivotal Tracker. Read more.
- New Feature: JIRA integration now includes ability to link multiple issues from JIRA to a single Bar or Container. Percent complete will aggregate completion for all linked issues
- New tabbed modal for adding web links or JIRA links from the Bar details
New Feature: Email Notifications for Roadmap Changes
- In addition to email alerts for comments on Bars and Containers, you can now receive notification emails for roadmap changes. You can choose which roadmaps to follow, as well as the frequency of emails (Daily, Weekly, or Monthly). Your notification email will list which roadmaps have been changed and link you to each roadmap. Read more.
- Fixed Timeline at the top of the page for Master Plans. When scrolling through Master Plans the Timeline will remain static
- JIRA integration: “Add to JIRA” button moved to ellipsis menu of Bar Details
- Updated UI for Notification preferences icon. Dialog now also links to Notification Settings page
New Feature: Import to Parking Lot from JIRA
- You can now import a list of Epics or other Issues already in JIRA directly into your Parking Lot at once. The import will include Title, Description, and automatically create a link to that issue in JIRA. Once they’re on your Parking Lot, you can drag and drop them onto your Roadmap. Read more.
- Moved “Edit Profile” from a dialog to a page. We now have a “Your Settings” section similar to the “Account Settings”
- Dynamically edit Dates on Bars. You can now change the start date past the original end date of a Bar
- New Feature: Allow resize of Bars and Containers on the left side
- Now all comments on Bars and Containers are included in XLS Export
- Changes made to dates on Bars and Containers are now tracked in Roadmap History
- New tabbed modal for Parking Lot import flow
New Features: Weekly and Annual Timelines
- You can now choose more timeline options in the Settings of your Roadmap. In addition to the existing options, you can set a weekly timeline, or an annual one to better align with what you’re planning
- Allow editing of dates in the Bar Details Dialog
- Overlap prevention inside Containers when resizing child Bars
- You can now filter by effort in the Parking Lot
- Increase font size for tags in Bar Details
New Feature: Dates on Bars
- Show dates on Bar details for editors. Editors can choose to expose dates on Bars, and can change dates to align Bars. Read more.
- Today line represents end of day, now aligns with milestones
- Fix for hard to delete JIRA Links when the issue title is long
- Sort Tags by “Shared” or “Not Shared” on the Enterprise Tag Manager page
- New icon showing shared tags on the tag dropdown menu for individual Bars
- Updated billing page to clarify number of licenses when purchasing
- New vertical ellipsis menu on Bar Details
- Add ability to hide and show fields on Bar Details
Enterprise Feature Updates
Centralized Tag Management
Manage and standardize tags across multiple Roadmaps and your entire team. Read more.
Allow multiple administrators to add users and manage licenses.
Single Sign-On Integration
Make signing in to ProductPlan easier for viewers and editors by integrating with your organization’s single sign-on method. Support for Active Directory, SAML, and more.
Restrict Private Link Access
Require that viewers of private links be authenticated by your organization’s single sign-on method. Or optionally disable private link access altogether.
New Feature: Tag Manager
Easily manage and organize your custom tags for each roadmap. Under the settings for each roadmap there is now a Tags section. From here, you can merge existing tags to standardize your roadmap, quickly edit tag names, or delete tags to keep your list organized. Read more.
- Administrators for team plans can now transfer administrator rights to another team member
- New Roadmap and Master Plan Settings dialogs
- Notifications for Master Plans: Viewers and Editors can follow Master Plans for Notifications
- Show login instructions when private link is embedded in an iframe and SSO is enabled for private links
- Fixed horizontal Scrolling for Mac OS users
- Add an indicator to the Roadmaps page showing when a user is Following a Roadmap
- Fixed scrolling on Export
- Notifications: Roadmap Viewers can now turn on or off Notifications about Comments on Bars and Containers
- Viewers and Editors can choose which Roadmaps they are following for Notifications
- Copy Roadmap feature now available for all shared editors on a Roadmap
- Can now include vertical gridlines on Master Plans
- Added the option to enable/disable Notifications for comment emails
- Included the option to add a note when Sharing a Roadmap with someone
- Start and End Dates on Bars and Containers now included in the Planning Board export
- Editors of a Roadmap now receive Notifications about Comments on Bars and Containers
- UI changes to make Share dialog more clear
- Added Title sort for Planning Board and Parking Lot
- Admins can now filter their list of users that have been added to a Team plan
New Feature: History
History tracks all changes made to Bars and Containers on your Roadmap. The History feature provides an activity log that you can search through and use to determine what changes have been made to your Roadmap, when they were made, and by whom. Read more.
New Feature: Team Sharing
Share a Roadmap with your whole team with just one click. People with individual licenses can also now add free viewers to their team plan and benefit from the Team Sharing feature. Read more.
New Feature: Move Lanes Between Roadmaps
Reorganize your Roadmaps in ProductPlan by moving Lanes from one Roadmap to another. Click a Lane’s title and select “Move to” in order to move the lane to a different Roadmap. Read more.
New Feature: Synchronize Percent Complete With JIRA
You can set ProductPlan to automatically update the Percent Complete on a Bar or Container based on completion within JIRA of either: the number of stories completed in an Epic, or Story points of all stories in an Epic or Issue.
New Feature: Container Persistence
Whether a Container is left open or closed will now remain consistent when you leave a Roadmap page. If you leave Containers expanded when you exit the page, you will no longer have to repeat this action the next time you visit the page.
New Feature: Convert Container to Bar
Right click an empty Container to convert it to a Bar. You can already convert Bars to Containers, now you can do the reverse as well.
New Feature: Change Your Email Address
You can now change your email address by clicking Edit Profile. If you signed up with a personal email address, you can switch to your work domain at any time.
We’ve made it easier to show items on the Planning Board. You can no show or hide Roadmap or Parking Lot items by clicking the new Add to Planning Board button.