Like many of our customers, we run on agile development. We’re focused on providing regular updates, improvements, and releases. Below, you can find information about the latest releases in ProductPlan. Please contact us with any questions or feedback.
New | Features and Enhancements
- Collapse or Expand all containers on your Roadmap. See More.
Bulk Actions (Beta)
- Change the color of multiple initiatives on your roadmap.
- Add new and existing tags to bars/containers. See More.
2018 | Features and Enhancements
Bulk Actions (Beta)
- You can select and move multiple items on your roadmap.
- Select multiple bars/containers and duplicate these items to a different lane.
Start Date for New Roadmaps
- New Roadmaps created will now default to start at the beginning of the current month.
Auto Scroll when dragging across the Roadmap
- Dragging a bar or container across your roadmap will automatically scroll across your timeline or lanes.
Auto Scroll to Today line
- The today line will be centered when visiting a roadmap that has the today line within the timeframe.
- Improved performance when resizing bars.
Undo and Redo
- You may now undo (and redo) certain actions on your roadmap with keyboard shortcuts. Read more.
Private Links for Custom Views
- You can create a customized View of a roadmap, with its own timeline settings, description and saved filters. Now, you can create a private link to any View to easily share with viewers. Read more.
Link to a Bar
- We’ve added a dropdown to the roadmap homepage, which allows you to add one of our roadmap templates directly to your account, ready for editing. Our full roadmap template library also now allows you to add a template right to your account. Read more.
Download Templates In-App
- We’ve added a dropdown to the roadmap homepage, which allows you to add one of our roadmap templates directly to your account, ready for editing. Our full roadmap template library also allows you to add a template right to your account. Read more.
Roadmap Custom Views (Saved Filters)
- You can now create and save alternate views of any roadmap. Views can have their own timeline settings, descriptions, and saved filters. Read more.
UI Update for Bar Details
- We’ve refreshed the look of our Bar Details page. Clicking on a Bar or Container will open up the new look.
- Save comments on the Bar Details page when a user clicks “Save”.
- Added transparency to Milestone poles to make them less prominent.
- Respect line breaks on the roadmap name in hover over.
- Today line on roadmaps is wider (2 px).
- Fixed: Milestones no longer disappear, jump, or partially display flagpoles.
- The title of a View has moved from the heading to the dropdown in the top left corner of the roadmap.
- On a private link, Connection links that lead to the same roadmap are now fixed to stay on the same page
Planning Board / Parking Lot
Multi Bar Move from Parking Lot to Roadmap
- You can select and move multiple Parking Lot items directly to your roadmap at once. Read more.
- Clicking a connection from a Bar to the Parking Lot now shows the Parking Lot.
- Save current tab when dragging from the Planning Board/Parking Lot.
Sync Title and Description Fields
- You can now sync title and description fields for Jira, Trello, and Pivotal Tracker integrations. Read more.
New Integration: GitHub
- With our GitHub integration, you can link Issues from GitHub to Bars and Containers on your roadmap. You can synchronize percent complete based on their state. Read more.
Trello: Synchronize Percent Complete
- Optionally synchronize percent complete with linked items’ status in Trello. By default, we’ll select the list farthest to the right to indicate completion, but you can change this. Read more.
- Fix: Allow Jira to import many issues (>1000 would fail in some cases).
- Allow search by key when the Jira project contains a number
- Github integration now shows all repositories for all organizations, and can import more than 30 issues.
- Jira integration page now shows re-authorization button when a user’s token expires.
- Integrations are now alphabetized in-app.
“Last Active On” Column
- Team administrators can now view their team members’ latest activity from their Manage Team page.
- Show team members list on the share dialogue.
- Scrolling improved for Manage Team page.
- Trial users now limited to 20 invites.
UI Update for Share Dialogue
- We’ve updated the look of the share dialogue when inviting others to a roadmap. The new look should make granting permission clearer as we continue to improve the invite flow.
- Double tapping “Enter” no longer submits two comments.
- After visiting a Bar url, the Bar will no longer animate infinitely.
- Percent Complete now updates in a Master Plan after syncing.
- Private Links to a Custom View now show the intended view.
- Undo now works for Containers as expected.
- Transferring roadmaps between users no longer displays the roadmap twice.
- Comment icon on Bars is updated when comments are added or removed.
- Restore and persist legend color when undoing a change.
Restrict Login to SSO
2017 | Features and Enhancements
- Adding dependencies between Bars and Containers is now possible in ProductPlan. Use Connections to create a link between Bars or Containers on the same roadmap, or across multiple roadmaps. See which items are connected and easily click between them. Read more.
- You can now more easily find what you’re looking for in ProductPlan. Search for Bars, Containers, and Roadmaps. You can search by description and notes as well. The search bar located at the top of the screen allows you to quickly find and jump to items across your roadmaps. Read more.
- You can now stack overlapping milestones. When adding an overlapping milestone to the Timeline or to a Lane, drag it above or below the existing milestone to create a sub-lane. You can create up to five sub-lanes for stacking milestones. Read more.
- You can now create duplicates of a Container. Right click on a Container to duplicate it and all of its contents. Comments will not be duplicated.
- On a Master Plan, apply a filter that can be shared with viewers. Add one or more roadmaps to a Master Plan and create custom views to share with different audiences. Read more.
Email Notifications for Roadmap Changes
- In addition to email alerts for comments, you can now receive notification emails for roadmap changes. You can choose which roadmaps to follow, as well as the frequency of emails (Daily, Weekly, or Monthly). Your notification email will list which roadmaps have been changed and link you to each roadmap. Read more.
Resize Bars and Containers from the Left
- Easily resize Bars/Containers from the left or right side. Resizing from the right will now expand subsequent Bars/Containers.
Weekly and Annual Timeline Options
- Choose additional timeline options in the Settings of your Roadmap. In addition to the existing options, you can set a weekly timeline, or an annual one to better align with what you’re planning.
Start and End Dates for Bars and Containers
- Show dates on Bar/Containers details for editors. Editors can choose to expose dates and can change dates to shift Bars/Containers. Read more.
- Improvements to Search functionality:
- Parked Bars now appear in Search.
- See more functionality when more than 3 Search results are returned.
- Scroll directly to search results if they are on the current roadmap.
- Modified filter logic for View Filters on Master Plans to match the personal filter for roadmaps. Filter with “or” logic, rather than “and”. Read more.
- Fixed Timeline at the top of the page for Master Plans. When scrolling through Master Plans the Timeline will remain static.
- Dynamically edit Dates on Bars. Ability to change the start date past the original end date of a Bar added.
- Comments on Bars and Containers are now included in XLS Export.
- Changes made to dates on Bars and Containers are now tracked in Roadmap History.
- Allow editing of dates in the Bar Details Dialog.
- Overlap prevention inside Containers when resizing child Bars.
- Increase font size for tags in Bar Detail.
- New vertical ellipsis menu on Bar Details.
- Add ability to hide and show fields on Bar Details.
- New icon showing shared tags on the tag dropdown menu for individual Bars.
- Today line represents end of day, now aligning with milestones.
Planning Board / Parking Lot
Filter by Tags
- You can now filter by Tags in the Planning Board. Type any custom tag into the Filter bar to adjust your view.
- Updated UI to new tabbed modal for a clearer Parking Lot import flow.
- Ability to filter by effort in the Parking Lot.
New Integration: Trello
- Integrate your roadmap with Trello. You can now easily create links between your Bars or Containers and Trello Cards. Import lists, or specific cards directly to your Parking Lot to drag them onto your roadmap. Read more.
New Integration: Visual Studio Team Services
- Integrate your roadmap with Visual Studio Team Services. Import work items from Team Services directly to your Parking Lot. Link work items to Bars or Containers on your roadmap. Synchronize percent complete in ProductPlan with the completion status in Team Services. Read more.
New Integration: Slack
- You can now link your roadmap to a Slack channel to keep your team up to date on changes and comments. Notifications will be sent when comments are made on the roadmap, and when new Bars are added, moved, resized, or deleted. Read more.
New Integration: Pivotal Tracker
- Integrate your roadmap with Pivotal Tracker. Import epics and stories from Pivotal Tracker directly to your Parking Lot. Link epics and stories to Bars or Containers on your roadmap. Synchronize percent complete in ProductPlan with the completion status in Pivotal Tracker. Read more.
Jira: Link Multiple Issues to Bars/Containers
- Percent complete will aggregate completion for all linked issues.
- New tabbed modal for adding web links or Jira links from the Bar details.
Jira: Import to Parking Lot
- You can now import a list of Epics or other Issues from JIRA directly to your Parking Lot. The import will include Title, Description, and automatically create a link to that issue in JIRA. Once in your Parking Lot, you can drag and drop items onto your Roadmap. Read more.
- “Add to Jira” button moved to ellipsis menu of Bar details.
- UI update to display Jira links that were too long.
Application UI Updates
- Introducing a new header, footer, and login screen. Font updates including size, weight, and style. Color updated for all form inputs and the navigation bar.
- Updated UI for Notification preferences icon. Dialog now also links to Notification Settings page.
- Moved “Edit Profile” from a dialog to a page. We now have a “Your Settings” section similar to the “Account Settings”.
- Updated billing page to clarify number of licenses when purchasing.
- Sort Tags by “Shared” or “Not Shared” on the Enterprise Tag Manager page.
2016 | Features and Enhancements
ProductPlan for Enterprises
Single Sign-On Integration
- Make signing in to ProductPlan easier for viewers and editors by integrating with your organization’s single sign-on method. Support for SAML, Active Directory, and more. Read more.
Centralized Tag Management
- Manage and standardize tags across multiple Roadmaps and your entire team. Read more.
- With the Enterprise Plan, you can add multiple administrators to manage users and licenses.
Restrict Private Link Access
- Optionally require that viewers of private links be authenticated by your organization’s single sign-on method. You can also optionally disable private link access altogether.
- Added login instructions when private link is embedded in an iframe and SSO is enabled for private links
Move Lanes Between Roadmaps
- Reorganize your Roadmaps in ProductPlan by moving Lanes from one Roadmap to another. Click a Lane’s title and select “Move to” in order to move the lane to a different Roadmap. Read more.
- Share a Roadmap with your whole team in one click. People with individual licenses can now add free viewers to their team plan and benefit from the Team Sharing feature. Read more.
- History tracks all changes made to Bars and Containers on your Roadmap. History is an activity log that you can search through to see what changes have been made to your Roadmap, when they were made, and by whom. Read more.
- Fixed known scrolling issues for Mac OS users and improved horizontal scrolling from Roadmap view.
- Scrolling on export also improved.
- Easily manage and organize your custom tags for each roadmap. Under the settings for each roadmap there is now a Tags section. From here, you can merge existing tags to standardize your roadmap, quickly edit tag names, or delete tags to keep your list organized. Read more.
- UI updates to Share dialogue for clearer sharing options.
- New option to add a note when sharing a Roadmap with a new user.
- Option to include vertical gridlines on Master Plans.
- Ability to copy a Roadmap is now available for all users with edit access to that Roadmap.
- UI updates to Roadmap and Master Plan Settings dialogue.
Planning Board / Parking Lot
- Ability to sort by Title added to both the Parking Lot and Planning Board.
- Start and End Dates for Bars and Containers included in Planning Board export.
- UI updates to the integrations page to improve clarity.
- Updated error messaging for Jira integration for unsuccessful integration attempts.
- Notifications available for both viewers and editors on a team. Both editors and viewers can configure their Notification preferences. Ability to select which Roadmaps you wish to receive Notifications for. Read more.
- Administrators of team plans can now filter their list of users.
- Editors of a Roadmap can now receive Notifications for comments made on Bars and Containers
- Added option to enable/disable email Notifications for comments. Read more.
- Included ability to follow Master Plans for Notifications as well as Roadmaps.
- Administrators for team plans can now transfer administrator rights to another team member
2015 | Features and Enhancements
Convert Containers to Bars / Bars to Containers
- Right click any Bar or Container to open the menu. Container must be empty before converting to a Bar.
- Container state (expanded or collapsed) will remain consistent when you leave a Roadmap and come back to the page.
Planning Board / Parking Lot
- New Add to Planning Board button added to menu. Select items from your Roadmap or Parking Lot to include on the Planning Board from the menu.
- Integrate with Jira and synchronize percent complete for linked issues
- You can configure ProductPlan to automatically update the percent complete of Bars and Containers based on linked Jira epics. Read more.
- Ability to update/change your email address and user settings.
- Click “Your Settings” to update your email address, password, or other information for your profile.