Importing a Spreadsheet
To make it easier to get started with ProductPlan you can import your spreadsheet-based roadmap. You can upload any CSV or XLS(X) file. If connected to JIRA, you can also import directly from JIRA.
- From the Parking Lot click the “Import” button.
- Select the file you wish to upload – if the file has multiple sheets, select which one you want to upload first.
- Choose which columns you would like to import by assigning them to the existing fields – or choose “do not import” for any section you would like to leave empty.
- Once your initiatives are imported into the Parking Lot, simply drag and drop them onto the Roadmap from the bar icon beneath the “Actions” column.
- If your spreadsheet headings match Parking lot headings (Title, Description, Lane, etc..), the content of the columns will automatically be placed within the corresponding heading.
- The content in the “Percent Complete” and “Effort” fields must be a compatible value (1-100 for “Percent Complete” and either 1-10 or existing T shirt sizes for “Effort” level selected).
- If you choose to import information under the “Lanes” or “Legend” fields, these will automatically be created in your roadmap.
- To import multiple Tags for each item, separate the different Tags with a comma on your spreadsheet.