Milestones are a great way to show event dates on your roadmap. Drag and drop a Milestone from the sidebar onto the timeline to show an event across the entire roadmap. Or drop a Milestone onto the top of a Lane to show the Milestone for just one lane. Milestones represent the End-of-Day, so they will align with the end date of a bar.
Milestones can be added to the Timeline, or to the top of any Lane. If you have milestones that overlap, you can stack them by dragging one above or below the other. You can create up to five sub-lanes for stacking milestones.
- You can move a Milestone by clicking and dragging it to a new location. The date is automatically updated.
- To edit a Milestone, click it. You can edit the Title, Description, Date, and Color of the Milestone.
- To delete a Milestone, right-click it and choose Delete.
- To collapse a Milestone to a small icon, right-click it and choose Collapse. You can expand it again by clicking Expand.
Milestones are visible when you Share, Version, or Export your roadmap.
- Viewers of your roadmap can see your Milestones and get details by hovering over the Milestone. Viewers can click a Milestone to collapse it.
- Milestones are included when Exporting your roadmap into a PDF or PNG. You can choose to exclude the Milestones from the export by de-selecting Include Milestones from the Export Options. Alternatively, you can click individual Milestones to collapse them on the Export screen before exporting.