Azure DevOps (Formerly VSTS) Integration
ProductPlan’s integration with Azure DevOps (formerly Visual Studio Team Services) allows you to easily import epics or stories from your projects to ProductPlan. You can also link your stories to ProductPlan Bars or Containers and synchronize fields in ProductPlan with the data in Azure DevOps. You can choose to synchronize the Title, Description, and Percent Complete fields:
For Percent Complete, ProductPlan will pull completion progress directly from Azure DevOps (VSTS) and automatically update the roadmap. You’ll be able to synchronize the percent complete in ProductPlan by either stories completed or story points.
ProductPlan can also integrate with Team Foundation Server. To integrate with TFS, your server needs to be accessible from outside the firewall. You can find more information on how to set that up here.
To set up the integration, go to your Integrations page and click “Begin Visual Studio Team Services Integrations”. You will need to provide your Team Services URL as well as a Personal Access Token in order to configure the integration.
To generate a Personal Access Token:
- Go to your DevOps security page and click “Add” to create a new one. The security page is found by clicking your user icon in the top right corner.
- You’ll need to set a description and expiration date for your token.
- Next, choose which scopes to include. You can include “All scopes” or “Selected scopes”. If you choose “Selected scopes”, the three required fields you must include are:
- Project and team (read)
- Work items (read)
- Work Item Search (read)
Once the integration is configured, you can check the box to synchronize percent complete based on either Story Points, or Number of Stories completed.
Importing From Azure DevOps (VSTS) to ProductPlan
Once you’ve set up your integration, you can easily import multiple epics or stories straight into ProductPlan all at once. To import, go to the Parking Lot of the roadmap you want to import into and click the import button at the top. Select the Team Services tab to begin.
Select the project you want to import from. Then search for initiatives you would like to import into the Parking Lot. Your search should include at least three characters.
After searching, click “Import” to import them as ideas on your Parking Lot. This will include the title and description fields and create a link to the epic or story in Team Services. You can drag and drop these ideas from your Parking Lot as Bars directly onto your roadmap.
Linking Bars or Containers
- Click on a Bar or Container to open up the details page
- Select Add a Web or Integration Link > Team Services
- Choose the appropriate project from the dropdown
- Search for the issue that you wish to link (your search must include at least three characters)